Monday, January 30, 2012

The Frankfurt School

The second group presented The Frankfurt School. To be honest, the video they presented didn't catch my attention. The video included a lot of information that was presented not in a way that it's viewers would easily understand. With that said, I really had to listen to the discussion about the topic. The group also added a somewhat comedic touch with their fake mustaches which is a plus point for me. Overall, the group did a pretty nice job.


Here's some of what I learned:

I learned about the four (4) theorists of the Frankfurt School : Marx Horkheimer, Theodore Adorno, Herbert Marcuse and Jürgen Habermas.
I learned that according to Horkheimer, knowledge is consisted of propositions that are formulated to correspond to facts, and hence be regarded as true. That is very interesting and I think is very true. I sometimes question what I read in the internet and I try to filter everything.
I learned that Habermas pushed thru the theory that all people are equal and they have the right to express their feelings freely. I strongly agree with his theory. In a democratic country like ours, we are all deemed as equals and as much as I want to say that we feel this always, sometimes it is not the case. 



Im looking forward to all the topics. I think all the topics that were discussed and will be discussed are very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment